1) HYDRATE YOURSELF
· Hydrate yourself to keep your body functioning properly as in summer season we dehydrate quickly as there in water n electrolyte loss due to heat in form of sweating
· Drink 1.5 to 3 liters water or fluids daily
· Take flavored water by adding mineral rich fruits like watermelon, kiwi, oranges, lemon etc.
· Take fresh juices instead of bottled one.
· Don’t take ice water after coming from sun immediately
2) Take small frequent but light meals
· Due to heat in summer season u don’t feel like eating your appetite is reduced but eat regularly small meals as your body requires nutrients to fight against heat n keep healthy.
· Include summer fruits n veggies like bottle gourd (lauki), cucumber, ivy gourd, mint lemons, oranges, watermelon etc.
· Avoid heat generating foods like meat, eggs, oily and fried food or any other food which is difficult to digest.
3) Cold water bathing
· Take cold water shower 20-30 min after coming from outside
· Wipe yourself self from cold wet towel
· Wash your hands n feet with cold water before sleeping
· Placing a wet napkin or ice pack on neck can also help to curb body heat
4) Stay Indoors
· Avoid going outside during daytime unless necessary, and whenever you go keep hydrated, take umbrella, cap, glasses carry water bottle.
5) Wear loose clothes
· Always wear loose clothes for good air circulation
· Avoid wearing synthetic clothes
· Always wear light colour cotton clothes
6) Exercise light don’t exert
· Do outdoor exercises only in early morning hours
· Don’t do walking or running at a stretch it will drain energy out of you
· Drink sip of water in between
· Prefer indoor gymming in controlled temperature during day time
· Breathing exercises are best to relax yourself
7) Maintain your room temperature
· Close curtains if sunrays are very bright during day time
· Don’t use too many light bulbs as it generates heat
· Adjust your air conditioner temperature according to your body needs
“All the above measures will keep you healthy and fresh in extreme heat ……stay healthy stay safe , By Dr. Priyanka Garg